1. Create a new chart.
2. In the 'Type of Chart' section of the Chart Wizard select 'Index Chart'.
3. In the 'Performance Indicator' section of the Chart Wizard click on the dots in the box and choose your PI from the search tool.
4. The screen will refresh to allow you to set your basic Chart options:
- We'll set Collection Frequency to Months to pull in the monthly data.
- We'll leave the Start the X-Axis and Start the Y-Axis at the Earliest/Latest settings to maximise the amount of data we can see.
5. Select your series type from the available selection:
6. Review and confirm your selected settings:
Click 'Create Chart'.
The Index Chart type plots Values against Targets, with Values below the target line showing as red and values exceeding the target showing as blue.
Plotting 'Aim to Maximise' performance in an Index Chart
Index Charts include a tool to change the colour pattern if you are plotting an 'Aim to Max' PI.
To edit this, go to the 'Appearance' section of the set-up tab, and select the series name to open the caret menu.
Click on the 'Columns' tab.
For an 'Aim to Min' PI, the 'Options' section should be set to plot positive values as red; for an 'Aim to Max' PI, the 'Options' section should be set to plot negative values as red.