Our Reports module doesn't have the ability to report on Portal access and views but this can be done using the Browser Audit Trail function. The Audit Trail can be accessed by a user with Site Admin permissions, and can be used to view activity across the application.
Building the Audit Trail
Click on the 'Go To..' menu and select 'Site Admin', then 'Audit Trail.
The Audit Trail notebook will allow you to select a number of filters. As we are looking for Portal views we will use the 'Data Viewed' filter.
Other filters which may be useful for this report are:
- Filtering by User can limit results down to one users actions.
- Filtering by Date can allow you to filter results down to a specific time period.
Exporting and Manipulating the Data
Once your Audit Trail is complete, we can transfer this into a format that you can search, filter and manipulate.
- Click on the title and select 'Printable Version'. This will display the full Audit Trail in a flat view.
- Select the results (click on the top left of the page and drag down to the bottom right, or press 'Ctrl' and 'A' on your keyboard). Copy the selection ('Ctrl' and 'C' or right click and 'Copy')
- Paste the Audit Trail into a spreadsheet ('Ctrl' and 'V' or right click and 'Paste').
- Remove any unneeded headings and transform into a table.
- Filter results to show only 'The Portal:' results and this will display only views involving portals.
The results can the be filtered using other search and filter options to limit the results further.