This article is part of the All about Housekeeping guide. If you haven't already, please read All about Housekeeping: Introduction
- Things to Consider Before you Delete Data
- How to Delete Data
- Deleting Multiple Items at Once
- Deleting Linked Data
Things to Consider Before you Delete Data
You may want to store data offline before you delete it, in the event that it needs to be referred to a later date. You can use Pentana Performance Reports to do this.
On your site, there will be a set of Report Layouts that mirror the format of Pentana Performance Import spreadsheets. Using these to 'report out' your data in spreadsheet format will mean it’s easier to re-load this information using the Imports tool should you need to. The benefit of this is that you can pick and choose which information is extracted and also re-added.
You may have these Report Layouts on your site. To search for these, simply open Report Layouts, select your desired Report Layout type and search for the keywords: Import Template. The available Layouts are as follows:
- Import Template – Actions
- Import Template – Roles
- Import Template – Users
- Import Template – PI Data Collection Settings
- Import Template – Local PIs
- Import Template – PI Values, Annual Targets or Notes
- Import Template – Risks
If you are unable to find these – please contact the Pentana Risk Support Team so that they can be added.
How to Delete Data
If you no longer need to keep some data on your site and therefore want to delete it, there are a handful of ways that you can go about doing this. However, it is worth noting that deleting an item will remove it from your site permanently.
In Notebook Pages
You’re able to delete items individually from within their Notebook pages. You can do this by selecting the title of the item, and selecting Delete from the drop-down menu.
In List Pages
Pentana Performance features list screens in search and browse pages, and for Query results. You’re able to delete items by right-clicking them and selecting Delete from the drop-down menu.
- Actions - Actions_Admin (+ complex)
- PIs - PI_Admin (+ complex)
- Risks - Risks_Admin (+ complex)
- Feedback - Feedback_Create plus Administered By ownership or Feedback_Admin (+ complex)
- Policies - Create Policy plus Administered By ownership
- Assessments - Audits_AuditFile_Create plus Administered By ownership
- Recommendations - Recommendation_Admin (+ complex)
Deleting Multiple Items at Once
You're able to delete multiple items at once when viewing a list screen. For example, you may have set up a Query to display all Actions that are no longer required on your site.
You can select multiple items by left-clicking the first item in the list you wish to delete, then holding either the shift key and clicking with the mouse on the last item to delete, which will select everything in between. Or with the control key held down, you can click on non-consecutive items to select them. After this, right-click any one item in the selection, and select Delete.
Deleting Linked Data
In Browser, if you attempt to delete a Query that is being used to drive a Portal component, you will receive an 'Unable to Delete' message. This message occurs in order to prevent Portal components from breaking unexpectedly because the Queries driving them have been removed.
If this message appears, you’re able to click into the Portal(s) using the Query. From here you can find the Query and the component it drives, and decide whether or not it is required. If this Query is not required, simply remove it from any components it is in, and re-attempt deleting the Query.
- Actions - Actions_Query plus Ownership of the Query
- PIs - PI__Query plus Ownership of the Query
- Risks - Risks__Query plus Ownership of the Query
- Feedback - Feedback_Query plus Ownership of the Query.
Policies - Policy_Query plus Ownership of the Query
- Assessments - Audits__Query plus Ownership of the Query
- Recommendations - Audit_Recommendation_Query plus Ownership of the Query
- Reports - Report_Query plus Ownership of the Query
- Deleting Multiple Items at Once
Deleting Feeder PI's
You will be unable to delete Feeder PI's until they are removed from any Formulas they are mentioned in. You can identify what Formulas a PI is mentioned in by opening the Formulas tab in the PI Notebook.
Permission Required: PI_Admin (+ complex)